This is the second edition of “The Next Exit” I have purchased, and just like the first, it is one of the most valuable reference tomes one who travels Interstate Highways on a frequent basis could ever own. My wife and I use it all the time. As a result of this “book” we know well in advance where our next stop will be and what we can expect to find for food, gas and lodging. It has never failed us and prevents us from exiting at a “dry” exit. BUY IT. You’ll love it. Our recent 2200 mile trip through AZ, NV, and UT was smoother as a result.
I was introduced to “The Next Exit” book several years ago by a co-worker. Working for a major utility, one of our jobs is to provide assistance during a major storm (ice, wind, hurricane, etc.) to other utilities to restore electrical service to their customers. As such, we sometimes travel, with a large contingent of linemen and support staff, to areas that we know nothing about as to fuel stations, lodging or food. These books have been of great assistance in all these areas. We are able to plan ahead for fuel and food stops at truck plazas that can accommodate our group of 30 to 50 line trucks with 2 men per truck. In the past we would use just local maps of the area, but they never provided, by exit, the detailed ammenities that are shown in “The Next Exit” book. The only thing that comes close to providing this same information is a GPS unit. However, it is diffcult to plan for fuel/food stops with a GPS unless you know exactly the exit or city that you are heading to. “The Next Exit” book helps us plan each stop and at a much lower cost than a GPS ($14.95 vs. $250.00+). We plan on continuing to use these books for each future trip.
If you travel the interstates of the U.S. at all, you need to own this book. It is a must for travelers. Only problem was that it needs some updating, as there were several instances of inaccurate information for various highway exits. Took a crosscountry trip and used this book several times a day every day on the road. Get it if you are driving. DG in Florida
- During the last 7-10 years I purchased at least three updates to this book. Invaluable when traveling the Interstate Highways … especially when you are in need of a rest room, restraunt or hotel. It’s all there for evey exit in the Interstate System. I just bought two updadted copies, one as a gift for a friend who is taking a cross country trip and one for my wife and I for our Interstate travels.
We have a travel trailer and “The Next Exit” is great for finding places to eat and fuel stops that can handle the length of our rig. Keeps us from waisting our time or getting in somewhere and not being able to get out. Only problem is it is only interstates but it’s still a very useful tool. We get a new one every year even though it is probably not required.
The Next EXIT is a must to have. It saves lots of time when trying to decide where to stop when traveling. We travel a lot and use it! If we feel like eating at a certain restaurant, we look at the exits ahead and find what we want. It goes well with also having a GPS, which we do have.
- When we were younger, we had a RV and found The Next Exit to be the most complete and up to date travel guide on the market. We have since retired and no longer take long road trip’s but when we do “HIT THE ROAD” The Next Exit is in the cockpit with us. We never travel without it and never will.
- This is the type of book any road traveler ought to have.
I will be driving from Phoenix, AZ to Northern Illinois
via the Interstate Highway system in the near future so it will
be good to know what amenities are available when I pull off
- This is a great book to have while traveling with our large travel trailer, we can look ahead and see which exit has my favorite kind of gas or restarant and has when it is in RED type we know we should have room to fit the travel trailer. This saves a huge amount of stress.
- Although I haven’t used this book yet for travel, I can see that it will be very useful and easy to use when I do need it. I wish I had known about the Next EXIT before. It would have saved time and possibly saved us from disappointment in our travels when we have taken wrong exits for services. With this book, I can’t see that happening again.
- I bought the 2009 Edition when we began traveling in our RV. It really helped us to know where we could find fuel, propane, water, dump stations and Walmart stops. Saved a wrong exit stop many times and helped us plan grocery shopping between travel locations. The book has been so incredibly helpful on RV trips as well trips in our family vehicle I’m coming back to give it as a gift for all those “hard to buy for” family members! I think I might even buy another one for the family car!
- This book has it all! I can chart my next road trip and know exactly what is at each exit all the way there! No more guessing about what types of gas stations or lodging or restaurants there will be. I can even tell how far it is to the next rest stop. No one should go on a trip without this book!
- Been using “the next exit” for years now. We love it, and onl;y found it to be wrong twice at two exits. Most likely because of new owners. My opionion don’t travel without. Worth every penny.